Keep it light and nutritious with this tasty salad.
- 1 pack Pioneer Poultry Smoked Chicken Breast Fillets (300 grams)
- 2 cups low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 cup plain unsweetened yogurt
- 2/3 cup fresh milk
- 1/4 cup minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2/3 cup or at least 160 grams of mixed greens
- 2/3 cup or at least 160 grams of shredded red cabbage leaves
- 140 grams of celery stalks, cut into bite-size pieces
- 4 Tablespoons blue cheese cubes
- 1/3 cup unsalted walnuts, roughly cut (optional)
- Cayenne pepper powder or hot sauce, to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- A spritz of lemon juice (optional)
- Colander (for washing vegetables)
- Chopping board
- Kitchen knife
- Meat brush
- Measuring cups and spoons
- 1 mixing bowl
- 1 large salad bowl
- 1 little serving bowl (for salad dressing)
- Wash and cut the salad greens, cabbage and celery.
- Prepare and measure out all the other ingredients.
- Open the pack of Pioneer Poultry Smoked Chicken Breast Fillets. Before cutting, brush the fillets with a little cayenne pepper powder or hot sauce (to taste).
- Cut the chicken fillets into smaller bite-size pieces.
- Create the dressing. In a mixing bowl, combine the mayonnaise, crumbled blue cheese, yogurt, milk, garlic, and Worcestershire sauce. Mix until well-blended. Set aside.
- In a salad bowl, combine the cabbage, mixed greens and celery stalks. Toss in the blue cheese cubes. (Toss in the walnuts as well, if you’re using them.)
- Gently toss or fold the salad green mix with about 1 cup of the salad dressing. Salt and pepper to taste. (Add a spritz of lemon juice, if desired.)
- Serve the salad with the remaining salad dressing in a separate bowl on the side for anyone who wants more of it.