A frittata is a great way to reuse leftovers. Elevate it to gourmet level by adding Pioneer Poultry’s Smoked Chicken!
- Pioneer Poultry Smoked Chicken Breast Fillets (about 150-200 grams)
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium-sized leeks (or 1 large leek), washed and chopped
- 4 large eggs
- 1/3 cup unsweetened plain yogurt or low-fat sour cream
- 1 Tablespoon fresh Italian flat-leaf parsley, washed and chopped
- 1/3 cup shredded firm cheese (Cheddar, Gruyere, etc.)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 cup small strips of leftover bacon, sausages, or plain meat (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste (optional)
- Colander (for washing vegetables)
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Chopping board
- Kitchen knife
- Mixing bowl
- Spatula or mixing spoon
- Preheat your oven to around 170 to 175 Celsius (or 350 F).
- Prepare and measure out all the ingredients as indicated.
- Lightly grease the insides of a 23-centimetre (or 9-inch) baking pan with 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil. Set aside.
- Open a pack of Pioneer Poultry Smoked Chicken Breast Fillets and take out about 150-200 grams (roughly half the contents). Slice that into bite-size pieces.
- In a large skillet set over medium heat, pour in the remaining olive oil. Add the leeks and sauté these until slightly soft. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Crack the eggs into a mixing bowl. Beat until these are blended and slightly frothy.
- Gently fold in the yogurt or sour cream, chicken pieces, cooked leeks, parsley, shredded cheese, any leftover bacon/sausages/meat (optional), oregano and thyme.
- Pour the egg mixture into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until the mixture sets or turns solid. (Be careful not to burn or overcook.)
- Serve while still warm. To serve, cut the frittata into squares or rectangles. Salt and pepper to taste (optional).