Whip up a delicious Malaysian-style chicken dish in minutes with Pioneer Poultry! The smoked drumsticks make this version interesting.
- 2 packs of Pioneer Poultry Smoked Chicken Drumsticks (350 grams each)
- 3-4 Tablespoons of smooth peanut butter (sweetened or unsweetened)
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon yellow curry powder
- 1 Tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, washed and roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon of plain honey (or to taste)
- 165 ml of coconut milk
- The juice of half a lime
- Salt and pepper to taste
- A few sprigs of fresh cilantro, washed and chopped (optional)
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Colander (for washing vegetables)
- Chopping board
- Kitchen knife
- Mixing bowl
- Mixing spoon or spatula
- Prepare and measure the ingredients.
- In a bowl, mix the peanut butter, curry powder, soy sauce, honey and lime juice until well combined. Set aside.
- In a saucepan over low heat, sauté the garlic and ginger in the sesame oil for half a minute or until aromatic.
- Pour the coconut milk into the saucepan. Add the peanut butter mixture as well.
- Heat the whole mixture gently for about 5 minutes, stirring constantly until the coconut milk is warmed up and the satay sauce comes together. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Open the packs of Pioneer Poultry Smoked Chicken Drumsticks. If the chicken is cold, warm them in your microwave or oven as you wish. (Do not overheat or overcook.)
- Serve the chicken with the satay dipping sauce on the side and some steamed rice. (Top with the cilantro, if desired.)