French open-face sandwiches (tartines) are fast, delicious and nutritious. Perfect for busy families!
- 1 pack Pioneer Poultry Smoked Chicken Breast Fillets (300 grams)
- 8 thick slices of country bread
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 4 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup cream cheese or cottage cheese
- 3 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup baby arugula or other baby greens
- Bottled mustard of your choice (Dijon, Grey-Poupon, whole-grain, etc.), to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- Slices of fresh white onion or red shallots, to taste (optional)
- Sliced fresh tomatoes, to taste (optional)
- Sliced bottled green olives, to taste (optional)
- Toaster / toaster oven
- Colander (for washing vegetables)
- Chopping board
- Kitchen knife
- Butter knife or spoon
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Toast the bread slices. While the bread is toasting, bring out and prepare the other ingredients.
- Peel and cut the garlic cloves in half. Wash the arugula or baby greens. Slice any onion or tomatoes you may need.
- When the bread is toasted, rub one side of each slice generously with one or two of the cut garlic cloves to coat them with flavour.
- Spread the cream cheese or cottage cheese evenly across all the bread slices.
- For each bread slice, add arugula or baby greens on top of the cheese layer. Lay in any slices of onion, shallots, tomatoes, and olives you may want as well.
- Drizzle some of the extra-virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar on top of the greens and vegetables. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Lay Smoked Pioneer Poultry Chicken Breast Fillets on top.
- Put some mustard on top, to taste. You may add a few more greens or vegetables as a garnish if you wish. Then drizzle the rest of the olive oil and balsamic vinegar on top. Salt and pepper to taste.