This risotto is quick and super easy to make. Perfect for a mid-week dinner with the family.
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup brown or white onion, diced
- 2 cups Arborio Rice
- 2 tablespoons of white wine
- 4 1/2 to 5 cups of chicken stock
- 275-300 grams Pioneer Poultry Smoked Chicken Breast Fillets
- 1 cup frozen pre-cooked peas, thawed and drained
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- The zest of one lemon
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Large oven-proof saucepan (with lid)
- Soup pot (with lid)
- Kitchen knife
- Chopping board
- Mixing spoon
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Individual serving plates or bowls
- Preheat your oven to 160 C (or 150 C if there’s a forced fan).
- Pour chicken stock into the soup pot. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat.
- While heating the stock, cut the Pioneer Poultry Smoked Chicken Breast Fillet into thick bite-sized pieces. Prepare and measure the rest of the ingredients.
- Heat olive oil and butter in the saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook until softened.
- Add rice to the onion. Cook a further 2 minutes whilst stirring slowly and continuously.
- Pour 4 1/2 cups of hot chicken stock and 2 tablespoons of white wine into the rice. Bring to a boil.
- Once it boils, cover the saucepan and bake in the oven for 16 minutes. (Do not disturb.)
- Turn off the oven and remove the dish. Uncover and give the risotto a stir. It should be “creamy” and slightly wet. (Add a little more hot chicken broth if it’s too dry.)
- While the rice is still hot, mix in the chicken, peas and Parmesan cheese. Cover again and let stand for 2 minutes.
- Add the lemon zest and gently fold in. Salt and pepper to taste, if needed. It’s ready to serve!